Sunday, November 4, 2007

Todays Looser Status

I was determined to write a happy post today. No truly. A lighthearted, frivolous piece of froth about life, love and other disasters. I started the day in a lighthearted, frivolous mood you see.

Just a few short hours into the day however, I discovered my mobile had been disconnected.

This left me with the startling realization I was both carless (car was out of rego) and had no means of getting around, to having no means of communication either (as my small pitiful stand against phone companies, I don’t actually have a home phone line). Honestly I can’t help but think I may as well be on Gilligans Island at the moment, cause at least Skipper and the crew had company. So I sit here alone again with a laptop, and am even sans poodle this time as she too has deemed me to useless to associate with at the moment. Can’t say I blame her, Id probably leave myself right now also if I had the opportunity (if I had a car that could legally be driven anyway).

Even more shocking is the realization that I’m a 33 year old, fully employed member of society and yet I still can’t pay my bills. This can only equate to looser status right??? Sure, there are a million reasons why I am late paying things this month and how I ended up in such a predicament, but long story short is I’m currently broke. And can’t even ring anyone to winge about it!

Yep sucks to be you stuck here reading this my friend. Just bear in mind had my phone been working or had I had net access at home, I’d have been stopping you watching Australian Idol (or Australian Story, depending on which of my handful of faithful fans are reading) by complaining of my woes to you in real time.

On a brighter note (cause we really have to find one before I cry – and I’m never at my most attractive then ) (wait…….. more bracketed thoughts coming up – is it weird the way I try to still look acceptable even when I’m in bed alone? Does anyone else re-apply lip balm, and make sure their pj’s match and your bed clothes are arranged prettily with cushions piled invitingly….just on the off chance that should someone appear lost or broken down at the door at 3am unannounced, and he just happens to be the man of your dreams…….. you look okay? Or is just a quirky trait of mine?) Anyway, after all that questioning of my own antics I cant even recall what the brighter note was I was getting at sorry.

I'm feeling quit the rebellious now though as a result, so maybe tonight though I’ll throw caution to the wind and – gasp – leave my book on the floor next to me instead of with page neatly marked and put back in its place – angled just right on the bedside box, so it looks like those interior magazines shots that have you privately thinking ‘no one could actually live that neatly and perfectly’. (except odd 33 year olds with a bad habit of having their phone disconnected and a perfectly good car sitting in the carport that they can’t afford to register)

And on that note I might leave you. Let your last thought of me be sitting up in bed, typing furiously on a laptop in my perfectly arranged room, in search of happiness somewhere amongst the keys. (Actually I just spied a drawer that hasn’t been quite closed and dam it, I’m going to leave that dam thing like that till morning if it kills me)

On wait, I did forget one thing, in my infinite wisdom (or possibly a drunken moment) I decided I would leave you daily with a random bit of information about yours truly, to help you understand the strange but intriguing mind I posses.

Todays juicy morsal of news is the revelation that I only ever buy white toilet paper. Unclear why, (something to do with my quest for perfection and anything but white not blending in with the decor of my bathroom I'd hazard a guess at) but that’s todays ‘things about me you probably didn’t know yet’ subtitled ‘but will now sleep better knowing'.

Now if you don’t mind, I’m off to close that drawer………………….

2 comments:

JH said...

I challenge you to buy loo paper with a print.

You can break your own mould, one thing at a time. : )

LW said...

JH funny story, flatmate picked me up some dunny roll on my request during a trip to the shop the other day...........came back with pine trees on it. I cringe each time I see it, but Im coping. JUST!