Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentines Day - Someone Stop It!


I’m still too busy trapped within the gates of hell (aka the office) to write lately. I do indeed to rectify this issue soon (such as, say….actually write something).

I did have to jump on quickly to say two things though. One of them is a big shout out to Whirly, Whirly being a bloke I have mentioned before here who I’ve never actually met, but who I class as a mate anyway. (and who I like to think will have a cold beer waiting for me on my arrival to the NT next time I head that way) Whirly once again made me smile with the wrap he gave my blog. I’m dipping my hat to you my friend! Thank you sincerely, and I really hope you continue to tune in. (providing I do something like say….write. Really must, must rectify my lack of time issue at the moment)

The other thing Id like to say is the big V Day is bearing down on us. (wait, can I rephrase that? 'bearing down' just gives me visions of……..well never mind) So the Big V Day is coming.

I want it stopped.

Like now.

Myself and the Big V do not mix. We haven’t mixed for about oh say…. four years now.

One part of me does almost enjoy however watching princes types throw a tanty when their man doesn’t send a big enough / flash enough / wrong number of roses etc flower arrangement. The best year was when a co-worker got the shits when her man sent her flowers to the house. Apparently this looses its effect…. Cause clearly, its not about love, its about making sure everyone knows you got something.

As I’m expecting nothing I therefore am never disappointed…..just as well as its been some four years since any form of happy V day message arrived for me.

None the less, as the whole day tends to disappoint me (at everyone else’s behaviour and expectation I mean – girls you have a man you apparently ‘love’, be happy…even if he doesn’t send you a bunch of overpriced flowers) For this reason I would like the Big V stopped.

STOPPED RIGHT NOW.

I’m still recovering from last years (when I actually bought someone a card, only to discover he had planned to go out for drink and dinner that night……..just not with me, with another girl)

So move over V Day. Here’s to “I don’t need a significant other cause I’m significant enough myself day”

Bring it on.

(or alternatively, I hope the nice boy I’m currently communicating with sends a cute text message at least – especially if I get enough courage to send one to him)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'bearing down' just gives me visions of……..well never mind) So the Big V Day is coming."

After the first comment then the 'coming' had the same vision! LOL!

Brave through Thursday, try to think like a Yank and that Valentines Day is not just about the boyfriend/girlfriend love but the showing your love to those that are special in your life, including family and friends...

Lol - that sounds wanky! But there is an ounce of logic in it! My kids dancing school have sent an email that on Thursday the kids can wear as much red as they like to lessons (usually a blue uniform)to use the day to let your family and friends know how much you love them!

Enjoy your week :P

Justine

Anonymous said...

I agree with Juz. Good luck with the nice boy you've been chatting with. =)

LW said...

Thanks guys! And lol at 'the big V Day is coming'......woops! Didn't realise when I typed that.

I shall be reporting in on the big day soon!!!!